Sunday, June 13, 2010

a note to start with.

I still can't believe that I've received as much feedback as I have from all my greatest supporters when it comes to my photography. The biggest step for me, was actually putting my work out there to the point where it was decided [by myself, of course] that I'd make a business out of the thing in which I love the most - capturing moments in life through the lens of my camera. A lot of people have asked random questions about who I am, what made me start everything up and a little about my background. What better way than to start a blog to assist everyone in getting to know me AND view my work, all at the same time. So - let's tango, shall we?

Originally from Northern Virginia, I recently moved to Virginia Beach and got married to my amazing husband, Wade. We plan to stay here in the area, especially since the two of us are so fond of the ocean and all it has to offer. The environment out here is amazing. The people here are friendly, and most importantly... There are so many beautiful things around us here that are able to be captured with a camera. I love where I am right now, and plan to continue down this journey along the shore with such an amazing and supportive husband, like mine.

I started to take interest in photography when I was a sophomore in high school. A little after that, my younger cousin started to get into photography as well - and it really intrigued me how she was able to capture a certain light that you normally don't see at first glance in the smaller things in life. I know that sounds cheesy - but, it's just the way I've seen it since then. As soon as I got my Nikon D60 DSLR camera, I started to go 'crazy' shooting things left and right. After a few of my friends started to view my pictures firsthand, they started to ask me to do sessions with them and their significant others, friends and even some family members. This was my cue to start venturing out more when it came to the business aspect of everything. How great would it be to absolutely love the job in which you do on a day to day basis? So, here I am. Camera in hand. Ready to take on the world, one photoshoot at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment