Monday, June 14, 2010

the homestead - virginia beach, virginia.



I'm not a huge fan of posed shots. I think there's more that captures the eye of the viewer when they actually view life standing still for that split second the camera lens goes off. Some posed shots are okay, especially if that's what the person is asking for - but for the most part, people are pleased when it comes to the candid angle of the camera and photograph.

I haven't been able to do many 'shoots' since moving here to Virginia Beach with my husband, but I've been able to take a lot of candid shots of the area in which we moved to. Not only that, but I've also had a lot of fun photographing our roommate, Jake, and his dog, Hurley. Hurley has to be one of the most attentive dogs that I've come across. Wherever Jake goes, she's right there beside or behind him looking up at him. Here are a few random shots of where we live, and some of Jake and Hurley.


This has to be one of my favorite pictures of my husband, even though you're unable to see his face. This was taken the day we got married, just a few hours later. He was so happy, and it totally shows here.




No comments:

Post a Comment